Participants in the webinar will also advise the WCC on how to execute the mandate of this new programme. Bringing together champions of racial justice who served with the Programme to Combat Racism to share their experiences, the webinar will also bring contemporary champions of racial justice to interface with past champions and explore the differences and similarities.
The webinar will also reaffirm the WCC and member churches’ commitment to work for racial justice. The hybrid event will combine in-person and online components that include a panel discussion as well as question-and-answer session.
The 90-minute webinar will be streamed live to bring the global audience on board.
Moderator: Prof. Isabel Apawo Phiri, WCC Deputy General Secretary
- Rev. Dr Iva Carruthers, founding trustee and General Secretary of the Samuel DeWitt Proctor Conference (SDPC) and founding director of the Center for Reparatory Justice, Transformation and Remediation at McCormick Theological Seminary
- Rev. Dr Frank Chikane, Moderator of the WCC Commission of the Churches on International Affairs (CCIA)
- Dr Karen Nazaryan , Executive Director, Armenia Inter Church Round Table Foundation
- Marilia Alves Schüller , former WCC Programme to Combat Racism executive staff (from 1992-2006)
- Baldwin (Boudewijn) Sjollema, first Director of the WCC Programme to Combat Racism)
- Thandi Soko-De Jong (PhD student (Intercultural Theology) at the Protestant Theological University in Groningen, the Netherlands)
Register here and join the webinar live, Wednesday 8 December, 14:00 CET