The World Council of Churches advocates for children's well-being through a variety of projects at local, national and global levels. Churches have a unique position to influence society, from parents and school teachers to decision makers in public and private sectors.
WCC is actively supporting through global initiatives the engagement of churches worldwide in:
Child Protection: the churches will do their very utmost to keep children safe.
- Make sure that children feel safe in their churches, homes and communities and that children know whom to go to for help if they have a problem.
- Help stop children being hurt by other people in villages, cities, countries and throughout the world.
- Find ways in which churches can protect children in dangerous situations.
- Help all children to have a birth certificate.
Child Participation: churches will try to make decisions together with children when such decisions have something to do with children`s lives. They also will plan activities for children together with children.
- In church activities and planning for services and praying
- In society
Climate Justice initiatives with and for Children: churches will organize activities with children to protect our planet.