In addition to Sauca, participants in the conference will include ambassadors, politicians, peace associations and personalities from different nationalities and cultures.
Participants will also discuss health and humanitarian aid in conflicts and crisis, economic development and humanitarian aid, and the role of the Red Cross and Red Crescent in humanitarian crisis.
Speakers will include:
- H.E. David Beasly, executive director of the WFP and 2020 Nobel Prize winner
- H.E. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general, WHO
- Rev. Prof. Dr Ioan Sauca, acting general secretary, World Council of Churches
- H.E. Dr Muhammad Bin Abulkarim Al-Issa, secretary general, Muslim World League
- H.E. Kelly T. Clements, United Nations deputy high commissioner for Refugees
- H.E. Kjell Magne Bondevik, former prime minister of Norway
- H.E. Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, former prime minister of Pakistan (video)
- H.E. Nena Stoiljkovic, under secretary general, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Aamir Javed Sheikh, head of Foundation Dialogue for Peace
- Tomm Kristiansen (moderator), Norwegian journalist and author, especially known as a foreign correspondent for NRK