During the webinar launch, a panel of speakers will be discussing the book, examining its themes and focusing on how decolonisation can contribute to the future of mission. This is very timely as the topic of decolonisation, which is central to the work of the World Council of Churches (WCC) after the WCC 11th Assembly, has been particularly charged to CWME to explore.
- Rev. Dr Risto Jukko, director of the office for global mission, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
- Dr. Marina Ngursangzeli Behera, Oxford Centre for Mission Studies
- Rev. Dr Kuzipa Nalwamba, WCC programme director for Unity, Mission and Ecumenical Formation
- Rev Dr Winelle Kirton-Roberts, church historian, pastor of the Moravian Church
- Rev. Dr Michael Biehl, Hamburg University, Germany
- Ken Ross, missiologist, Church of Scotland
Moderator: Rev. Dr Peter Cruchley, director of the WCC Commission on World Mission and Evangelism
The editorial discussion following the webinar will offer deeper engagement with the text, especially by the study centres that produced the body of work. Discussions will enable further input into the conversations that will then feed into regional publications.
Participants will also be invited to heighten their involvement and interest in the work of the Commission on World Mission and Evangelism.