Young people are very much affected by the violence and tensions along religious lines that we are witnessing today in the Middle East but also in Europe, Asia, North America. The seminar will address topics linked to religion and violence such as:
- Religion, spirituality and politics
- Citizenship (religious, ethnic and national identities)
- Religious discourses and violence
- Youth and religious extremism
- Role of religious institutions in peace building
- Youth engagement in social justice and peace building
The seminar is an interfaith initiative jointly organized by the Egyptian Muslim Centre Al Azhar (mosque and university), and the WCC. The seminar will have inputs by Muslim and Christian theologians and political analysts, with special attention and space being given to the experiences of the participants themselves. A facilitator will help to articulate, share and discuss these experiences.
The seminar is coordinated by Carla Khijoyan, programme executive for Youth Engagement in the Ecumenical Movement.
For more information, application forms and the costs involved please contact: ECF@wcc-coe.org
Deadline for applications: 18 May 2016