Panellists will be sharing about some of the tragedies that the Armenian, Assyrian, Kurdish and Syriac communities have experienced in the past.
They will explore questions such as: How do we recognise these tragedies, and celebrate the survival, resistance, resilience, and heroes of these communities? How do we honour their martyrdom? What is done to prevent us from falling into amnesia or denial?
The event is part of a series of regional webinars organised by the World Council of Churches (WCC) Commission of the Churches on International Affairs in collaboration with the WCC Spiritual Life. It is part of many virtual events organised this year to mark the 75th anniversary of the Commission of the Churches on International Affairs.
There will be interpretation in English and Arabic.
- Seta Margossian-Hadeshian, Middle-East Council of Churches
- Dr Michel Abs, Middle-East Council of Churches
- Sabri Atman, Assyrian Genocide Research - Seyfo Center
- Dr Karmanj Othman, Kurdish regional government
- Teny Pirri-Simonian, Armenian Apostolic Church (Holy See of Cilicia) and WCC central committee
Register here to join live 19 November, 11:00-12:30 am CET