08:00 Western Caribbean
09:00 Eastern Caribbean
(Zoom link below)
A regional reflection on how the Caribbean Church worked across geopolitical and denominational lines to address Covid-19 and natural disasters at all levels.
Moderator: Mrs. Jennifer Martin Education in Mission Secretary, Caribbean and North America Council for Mission, Co-Moderator: Pilgrimage Justice and Peace World Council of Churches.
- Welcome & prayer
- Video Greeting Prof Isabel Phiri
Part I – Crossing Boundaries: Overcoming Obstacles
Voices from the follwing churches:
- Moravian Church in Jamaica & the Cayman Islands
- Methodist Church in the Caribbean and the Americas
- Convention Baptiste de Haïti (French)
- Presbyterian Church of Trinidad and Tobago
- United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
- Iglesia Presbiteriana-Reformada en Cuba
- Moravian Church, Eastern West Indies Province
- Jamaica Baptist Union
- Methodist Church in the Caribbean and the Americas (Spanish)
Part II – ‘Building Bridges: Strength in Unity’
- Excerpt from Hon Mia Motley’s interview with Christiane Amanpour
- Dr Byron responds
- In all her interview, we note that the Hon Mia Motley always spoke on behalf of small and developing island states. With the plethora of multilateral regional agencies such as CARICOM, CDB, PAHO, Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA), which often work together to address disasters and other emergencies as they arise. How do you envision churches in the region building bridges with multilateral organizations to realize all-inclusive response to the disasters, pandemic and other factors, which threaten the life and livelihood of our constituencies?
- Responses from panel
- CBdH - disaster management response
- IPRC - humanitarian response
- EWIP - sub-regional response
Part III – Questions from the floor/Further Discussion
Alternatively, leaders may be asked to respond to the following:
- (other) church leaders’ response to Dr Byron’s proposals
- What was the joint effort by churches to address the threats posed by Covid-19 Soufriere eruption and other disasters?
- What was the role of the national/regional Councils of Churches?
Join us on Zoom (6 July)
Meeting ID: 819 6437 9645