Based on an experience of a mission pilgrimage in Sweden that took place in 2016 – 2017, the book reflects on mission and Receptive Ecumenism, with contributions from missiologists and theologians from various traditions and parts of the world. The book is meant for academics and practitioners interested in mission and unity, as well as in Receptive Ecumenism and in the practical consequences of committing themselves to foster the unity and mission of the church in the world.
Speakers will include:
- Rev. Dr Angelique Walker-Smith, senior associate for Pan African and Orthodox Church Engagement, Bread for the World (USA) and a member of the WCC central committee
- Rev. Dr Olle Kristenson, retired theological advisor, Christian Council of Sweden
- Rev. Dr Risto Jukko, director, WCC Commission on World Mission and Evangelism
- Rev. Petter Jakobsson, advisor, SMC – Faith in Development (Sweden).
- Prof. Paul D. Murray, University of Durham, United Kingdom
- Rev. Dr Susan Durber, moderator, WCC Commission on Faith and Order
- Fr Misha Jaksic, Orthodox ecumenical coordinator, Christian Council of Sweden
- Dr Peirong Lin, deputy secretary general for operations, World Evangelical Alliance