Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace
Everywhere we look today, life seems imperilled. Isn’t it time for Christians and Christian churches everywhere to unite in sustaining life by working together on today’s most pressing issues? Isn’t it time for Christians everywhere to join in a sacred journey – a pilgrimage – of justice and peace?
Become involved in the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace: an initiative of the WCC member churches “to work together in a common quest, renewing the true vocation of the church through collaborative engagement with the most important issues of justice and peace, healing a world filled with conflict, injustice and pain.”
Share your ideas and learn from fellow pilgrims: Please visit www.wccpilgrimage.org for multimedia resources and interaction guided by nine questions such as “What is a pilgrimage?” and “What are justice and peace?” Personal reflections on the pilgrimage theme, how it relates to the lives of the churches in various parts of the world, and to justice and peace issues that Christians are confronting in their communities, are being posted for discussion at blog.oikoumene.org.
- Infographic on the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace (pdf) to guide individuals and groups in their reflections
- An Invitation to the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace adopted by the WCC Central Committee
- Beginning the Pilgrimage Towards Justice: A study guide by Dr Emily Welty
- Audio interview with the WCC president for North America, Bishop Mark MacDonald
- Preparing for pilgrimage (pdf)
A logo has been created to illustrate initiatives related to the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace. It is available for download as a .png file in black, colour and white on transparent background, as well as in the professional print format .eps.