Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Western Sahara, Tunisia
24 January 2016 - 30 January 2016
Give thanks for:
- The testimony of St Augustine and other theologians of the early church.
- The harsh beauty of the desert.
- The tiny minority of Christians who live faithful lives of love and witness.
- An end to armed attacks and clashes in Libya.
- An openness that recognizes and values differences, especially among religious faiths.
- Children and youth, who comprise more than half the population of these countries.
- Those who must live with the presence and impact of landmines, particularly in Libya.
- Those who risk their lives to cross the sea for entry into Europe.
All shall be Amen and Alleluia.
We shall rest and we shall see.
We shall see and we shall know.
We shall know and we shall love.
We shall love and we shall praise.
Behold our end which is no end.
(St Augustine of Hippo)