Etchmiadzin, September 2007
- Minute on Darfur
- Meeting in the country of Armenia, where genocide nearly a century ago still casts a deep shadow, the WCC executive committee reiterated the international responsibility to protect people at risk in the Darfur region of Sudan and in neighbouring Chad.
- Minute on Iran and the Middle East regional crisis
- The executive committee of the World Council of Churches, meeting in Etchmiadzin, Armenia, 25-28 September, 2007, stated: In repeated statements over many years, the World Council of Churches has called for governments to exercise their responsibilities for bringing peace with justice to the peoples of the Middle East. Yet today - from Iraq to Lebanon to Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories - unresolved conflicts are scarring the region. The lives of countless women, children and men are shattered, families are torn apart, and whole communities are held hostage to injustice and violence.
- Statement on Iraq and its Christian communities
- The executive committee of the World Council of Churches, meeting in Etchmiadzin, Armenia, 25-28 September, 2007, is deeply troubled by their suffering and calls urgently for solutions to the suffering of the Iraqi people.
- Statement on the 10th anniversary of the Kyoto Protocol
- 10 years after the Kyoto Protocol, the executive committee of the World Council of Churches, meeting in Etchmiadzin, Armenia, 25-28 September 2007, affirms the basic thrust of the UNFCCC to provide an instrument for a significant reduction of greenhouse gases in order to mitigate human-induced climate change.