WCC press centre
- Media accreditation opens for WCC Central Committee 2014
- The Central Committee of the World Council of Churches will meet 2 to 8 July 2014 for its first full meeting since it was elected at the WCC 10th Assembly held in Busan, Republic of Korea, 30 October to 8 November, 2013. The meeting will be held at the Ecumenical Centre in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Memorial service for Nelson Mandela to be held in Geneva
- The WCC together with the South African Permanent Mission to the United Nations is to hold a service in memory of Nelson Mandela, celebrating life and works of this anti-apartheid activist, Nobel peace laureate and South Africa’s first black president. The service on 16 December will pay tribute to Mandela through readings, reflections, music and prayers.
- Press conference on Syria crisis to be held in Geneva
- Following a WCC meeting with church leaders from Russia, Syria, the U.S. and Europe on role of the church moving all parties in Syria towards a peace agreement, following their discussions with Kofi Annan, former UN secretary general and Lakhdar Brahimi, Joint Representative for Syria, a press conference will be held on 19 September in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Seminar on the role of Christian councils and church forums
- The WCC and the Global Christian Forum will hold a seminar on Wednesday 11 September addressing how best to strengthen relationships between Christian councils and church forums in order to promote dialogue and cooperation in seeking broader Christian unity and common witness.
- Exhibition on Armenian genocide and religious leaders’ response
- The WCC and the Armenian Apostolic Church will host a two-week exhibition on the “Armenian genocide and protests of religion leaders as a manifestation of ecumenical solidarity” opening on Monday 2 September.
- Round Table sponsored by WCC and Focolare movement
- The World Council of Churches (WCC) and the Focolare movement founded by Chiara Lubich will hold a round table discussion addressing the theme of “Peace and justice, fruits of unity” on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of Lubich’s last visit to Geneva and five years after her passing away.
- Press meet at the Final Diplomatic Conference on Arms Trade Treaty
- Media accreditation now open for WCC 10th Assembly
- Christmas Message 2012 from the WCC general secretary
- Event on female genital mutilation in Geneva
- Fr Michael Lapsley to speak at Ecumenical Centre, Geneva
- WCC to hold hearing on misuse of blasphemy law in Pakistan
- Media accreditation opens for WCC Central Committee 2012
- Archbishop Rowan Williams to speak in Geneva
- Christmas Message 2011 from the WCC general secretary